Coronavirus Action Plan
I want to provide you an update on the COVID-19 (coronavirus) plan that Benton Academy will be implementing at this time. The health and safety of our students and faculty along with their families are our top priority. The following steps will be taken:
- As per the recommendation from MAIS, Benton Academy will be closed through Friday, March 20. Additional information will be provided at that time for the following weeks.
- All faculty and staff will still meet Monday, March 16th at 8:00 a.m. to discuss daily plans and how to accommodate students who will be absent.
- All students and faculty who travelled out of this country or took a cruise into foreign waters will be self-quarantined for a 14-day period as recommeded by the Mississippi State Health Department. All absences will be excused.
- No assemblies or field trips will be planned until further notice.
- No athletic events will take place the week of March 16-20.
- All students, faculty, and staff with flu-like symptoms do not need to attend school. All absences will be excused.
Please know that we are taking this situation very seriously and are working to make good, common sense decisions. We are closely following recommendations from MAIS, IHL, CDC, MS State Health Department, and other agencies about this situation that is before us. We ask everyone to remain flexible and patient as our course of action may change with new information. The Board of Directors will meet Monday night to assess the situation. Any further information will be given to you after this meeting.